Wednesday 14 May 2014

Date idea 14/5/2014 - Pacaya volcano

I spent the end of April on a field trip with the John Monash Science School geology class. We visited a multitude of geological features while travelling from Melbourne, Victoria to Mt Gambier, South Australia. We visited quite a few maar volcanos, the Eastern Volcanics are comprised of over 416 volcanoes! I'm not much of a volcano person but they were quite interesting. I think toasting marshmellows over lava would make for a great idea. While I have considered John's suggestion that we do this over the next Mount St Helens eruption, Given than Pacaya is mostly strombolian, I'm thinking it would be both safer and in a more interesting country. Also, we wouldn't have to wait for tasty marshmallow treats...

Pacaya Volcano, Guatemala. 14°22′51″N 90°36′04″W

No comments:

Post a Comment